Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Shivalik College of Education started functioning in July 2007 with the initial intake of 100 students in B Ed course. At present, there are 200 students (2 units of 100 students each). In 2008 the college also started D.Ed (JBT) with the intake of 50 students, thus enlarging our ability to serve the society and public at large.BEd. At the Shivalik group of Education Education forms one of the main foundations for the growth of a country. If the educational policies are not sound, there will be no skilled teachers and the entire educational edifice will collapse. For this reason, Shivalik College offers BEd course to enhance the teaching abilities of teachers. The content of this course is such that it develops the skills and widens the understanding so that a teacher can impart quality education to his students. The course lays stress on inculcating the right altitude so as to make the teacherstudents skilled m coming up with innovating teaching techniques. The teacherstudents become more competent in understanding psychological principles of growth and development and individual differences of the students they leach. There is a separate section in this course where you learn to guide the children and counsel them in solving their personal and academic problems. Teachers play a very important role in a student?s life. It's the teacher who guides the students through career. So it is very significant to be adequately equipped with resources that will create the teacher an ideal role model to the students. To achieve this, D Ed (JBT) & B Ed courses were introduced, which will teach a person about teaching and the different aspects associated with it. The College has excellent and experienced faculty with spacious class rooms and an excellent library as per the required standards with following objectives:
- To open professional, technical, management & teacher's educational institutions and other institutions of Art & Craft, Fashion & Apparel Designing, Computer Education etc.To provide free medical facilities to poor section of society by opening of Charitable Hospital and arranging medical camps.
- To teach the students with the latest and modern techniques of educational practices from day Care centres to Degree classes by opening and managing cr?ches, schools and colleges at different places.
- To collaborate and cooperate with other professional bodies, Trusts, Institutions and Universities for upliftment of society through education.
- To arrange moral lectures, seminars, for all round development of the personalities of children, young and old people.
- To arrange welfare programs for women for the overall development of the world fold and also to open destitute homes and to help the needy poor women and orphan.
- To open Old Age House for old people & to serve them.
- To open institutions for Handicaps, Deaf & Dumb.
- To provide scholarships to the needy and the deserving students.
The State of art infrastructure has been provided in the labs of the college & there exists a library.
- ET Lab
- Psychology Lab
- Computer Lab
- Language Lab
- Science Lab
- Mathematics Lab
- Art & Craft Room
- Chalk Board Room
- PTA Room
- Music Room
- SS Lab
- AudioVisual Lab
- Work Experience/Activity Room
Feedback System: The college has a 360degree feedback mechanism for enhancing quality and excellence in various services
being provided.The 360degree feedback includes selfappraisal, student assessment of teachers, andfeedback from academic peers, faculty and management. The institution uses feedback to improve the teaching learning process and college functioning.The emphasis of the programme is developmental, aimed at assisting and motivating individuals to attain their maximum potential so as to increase efficacy of the
educational system. Each appraiser ensures that the evaluation process is conducted objectively.
Practicum: A novel feature of the college is the organisation of a daily practicum period in which workshops, seminars, discussions, demonstration teaching, team teaching, action research and other activities of outside the classroom nature are organised.
ICT in Teaching Learning: The college makes extensive use of ICT for preparing academic teaching plans and updating the teaching content. Besides, the use of ICT in the college is also made in the curriculum transaction. ICT usage is emphasized in the curriculum to an extent where its usage becomes a habit for students and faculty members in their daily routines. One of the academic objectives of the college is to teach at least 30% of the curriculum through ICT for which the faculty members have prepared detailed power point presentations on various topics.Orientation programmesarealso organized to acquaint and train the faculty and the students in the use of ICT from time to time.
He/She should have passed Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
E Monitoring Performa