View Syllabus Bachelor of Technology (ECE)
About the Course
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, which became a part of this celebrated institution in the year 2007, is one of the leaders in India in this field of technology. The department, headed by professors and lecturers who are experts in their own disciplines, aims at educating and training students with sound knowledge and awareness in the latest trends in electronics, communication and information technology. The first year of electronics and engineering course is dedicated to teaching students about basic engineering techniques such as engineering mathematics, physics, chemistry and engineering drawing to name a few. From second year students, start learning core Electronics and communication Engineering subjects, like digital electronics, and logic design, fundamentals of communication engineering, electronic circuits, signals and systems, power electronics, applied electromagnetic theory etc. In the Pre-Final year, the students are exposed to Integrated Circuits, Microelectronics, Control Systems, Antennas and Computer Architecture. In the final year, the student's expertise about special communication schemes such as Radar Engg., Microwave & TV Engg.,Optical & Wireless Communication. Keeping in line with fast changing technology, the department has a well designed, constantly reviewed syllabus to incorporate all advancements in existing and emerging technologies. The stateofart laboratories complement the high standards set by the competitive syllabus and nurture the inclination of students towards research and development, besides giving them the necessary and sufficient backing of practical knowledge that they need.
Electronics and Communication Engineering courses offer enormous job opportunities in electronics and software companies. All electronic devices need software interface to run and come with one or other device controlling programmes architected and developed by electronics and communication engineering. It also gives great opportunities for research and development, as consumers need new devices every day to support them in daily life.
Electronics and Communication Engineering Electronics and Communication Engineering Department has following labs:
1. Microprocessor Lab: Microprocessor lab indulges students into the study of architecture, programming and interfacing of various microprocessors and microcontrollers. This lab is useful not only for electronics, but also for other trades of engineering and helps to develop skills in the field of microprocessors and their applications. This lab helps the students in project work and to know about the latest trends and technologies. The students are trained on 8085, 8086 and other trainer kits.
2. Digital Electronics Lab : Digital Electronics lab makes students aware of different types of designs, such as sequential logic circuits, combinational logic circuits, trouble shooting of various digital systems & study of various digital systems. Study of basic electronics & digital techniques is as a base for understanding theory and practical of the subject. The lab work focuses on study of facts, concepts, and principles, design operation of combinational logic circuit, sequential logic circuits and digital instruments.
3. Digital Signal Processing Lab: Digital Signal Processing is used in a number of applications. It aims at providing knowledge of the basic signal processing principles necessary to understand many modern hightech systems, with digitalcommunications examples. This lab involves the teaching of various key DSP concepts such as functions (impulse function, sinusoidal function, exponential functions etc) and study of sinusoidal signal, sampled signal and Discrete Fourier transform etc. MATLAB software is used for simulation and designing purpose. The goal of DSP is usually to measure, filter and/or compress continuous realworld analog signals.
4. Semiconductor Devices & Circuits Lab: The semiconductor devices and Circuit laboratory is the most important aspect of the modern curriculum in electronics engineering education. In this lab students are taught about various semiconductor devices such as Diodes, bipolar and fieldeffect transistors, amplifier, thyristor, passive components, and even integrated circuits devices. This lab needs a lot of theoretical knowledge with concentration to implement the various practicals prescribed by University.
5. VHDL Language Lab: VHDL (VHSIC hardware description language) is a language that has been designed to describe the behavior of digital systems and electronics components (logic gates, microprocessor etc.).In this lab the programming practice and understanding of decoders,, multiplexer, binary numbers counter etc is done. It provides the opportunity to the students to show their versatility via programming. The logic circuits are designed and tested by using simulation program.
6. Audio and Video Lab: The aim of Audio and Video Lab is to provide the knowledge about concept of visualization of various electronics equipment. The lab provides a good practice on PCB’S, various sections of color T.V., VCD player, Camcorder’s etc. The students are provided with various equipments and kits for performing the practicals individually.
7. Linear Integrated Circuits & Application: This lab has been installed with the objective to enhance the teaching and learning processes of Linear Integrated Circuits. The laboratory manual has been framed in such a way that it fills up the gap between in theory and practical work. This lab focuses on study of various circuits using operational amplifier and timer IC555.
Other Electronics and Communication Engineering Labs are:
- Analog Communication Lab
- Electrical Communication Lab
- Electronics Measurement Lab
- Digital Communication Lab
- Electronic Design Lab
- Project Lab
Opportunities exist in industries involving Wireless Communications and Signal Processing, Micro and Nano electronics, Lasers and Optics, Electronic Devices,Telecommunications, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Information
Systems, Power Systems, Computer SoftwareHardware Integration, Control Systems and other advanced technologies.
Career OptionsOpportunities exist in the area of Automobiles, Aerospace, Power Sector, Robotics. Graduates can opt for a position in Indian Railways, NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, DRDO, ISRO, BARC and other Research and Development organizations.
He/She should have passed the 10+2 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream with an overall aggregate of 45%.