View Syllabus Bachelor of Technology (EEE)
About the Course
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is an exciting and dynamic field. Electrical engineers are responsible for the generation, transfer and conversion of electrical power, while electronic engineers are concerned with the transfer of information using radio waves, the design of electronic circuits, the design of computer systems and the development of control systems such as aircraft autopilots. These soughtafter engineers can look forward to a rewarding career.
This branch is one of the core engineering branches which has a never ending scope in any developing country. You can enter into any IT company with a good salary package. There are telecommunications companies like Airtel, Alcatel etc. So, this is one of the best branches of engineering. The aspirants can work in many manufacturing firms and process plants. The candidates can work in automobile industry, consultancies , and power plants. They can work as Chief Engineers, Lecturers, and Independent Consultants.
Laboratory: Electrical Engineering
The Electrical Department has following fully developed Laboratories:
1. Electrical Technology Lab:Electrical Technology lab provides the basic knowledge of Electrical engineering. The lab provides information about different electrical supply systems, electrical machines , and appliances. It makes the students understand and apply the fundamentals of electrical engineering and machines used in different systems, measure various electrical quantities and able to do routine maintenance. In this lab, students can identify different types of motors and select an appropriate drive for the industrial load.
2. Electrical Machines Lab: The electrical machine laboratory is intended specifically to meet the needs of modern courses in Electrical Machines. This Lab Concerns with an electrical machines types (DC and AC machines), power, efficiency, characteristics of electrical machines as a motor, generator, determining the parameter and performance characteristics of transformer, methods of control the speed of the motor, and control the voltage of the generator. Through handson experiments with real machines, students gain practical experience on transformers and various types of machine drives. The laboratory can also be used for project work related to electrical machines and energy conversion.
3. Electrical Workshop: This is a core course for Electrical Engineering students. The scope of this course covers different modules that are designed to make the students familiar with different electrical types of equipment along with carefully compiled assignments and home works to further enhance their practical skills. This lab provides the basic knowledge about the various electrical tools such as plier, screwdriver, wire stripper etc. In addition to this, the subject also consists of modules of machining, electric wiring , and smart panels design that reflect good aesthetic sense.
4. Power System Lab: Power Systems Laboratory is part of the Energy Transmission and High Voltage Laboratory of the Department of Electrical Engineering. Students can get concrete ideas about the different system operations and phenomena with the application of advanced tools. The lab is equipped with different facilities for under voltage, over current differential and other different relays. In This Laboratory students can analyses and design of electric and integrated energy systems including their planning, design, and operation.
5. Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Lab: The objective of this lab is to fortify the students with an adequate work experience in the measurement of different quantities and also the expertise in handling the instruments involved. Measurement skills are very important for any Engineering lab. Measurement accuracy is one of the key parameters in industrial development. One of the major objectives of this lab is to familiarize the students with the proper equipment and different techniques for making electrical measurements. This lab includes the measurement of voltage, current and power etc by using different measuring instruments like Voltmeter, Ammeter, and Multimeter etc.
6. Control System Lab: In the field of modern Science Engineering, more machines are controlled without any human assistance. Students are usually unable to relate the theory to applications in the real world. Therefore different experiments are designed in control system. This Lab makes an integrated lab atmosphere that combines data acquisition and analysis. This lab includes the study of temperature and speed control of motor, circuit implementation of controllers, mathematical modelling, and simulation of control systems.
7. Power Electronics lab: Power electronics is an important area of Electrical Engineering. It broadly deals with controlling the flow of electrical power using electronics switching devices. Power Electronics lab introduces the student to measurement and simulation of important operating characteristics of power electronic circuits and power semiconductor devices. It also provides experience with common components such as motors, batteries, magnetic devices, and power semiconductors. Students find simple,elegant and effective solutions to fundamental and persistent engineering problems.
8. Electric Drives Lab: Electric drives play an utmost important role in modern industrial applications and electric transportation. This laboratory is equipped with modern experiment setups for undergraduates taking the Power Converters & Drives course.Lab includes the design and control of unique permanentmagnet brushless drives, the development of novel permanentmagnet hybrid brushless drives, the optimisation, and control of switched reluctance drives, and the design and control of new softswitching inverterfed induction drives.
Other Electrical Engineering Labs
- Analog Electronics Lab
- Network Analysis & Synthesis Lab
- Signal & System Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Communication System Lab
- Microprocessor Application Lab
- Advanced Programming Lab
- Microcontroller Applications Lab
Electrical Simulation Techniques / Analog and Digital Electronics / Electrical Drives / VLSI Design / Power Converters and Applications / BioMedical Engineering /Advanced Control Systems.
Opportunities exist in areas of Design, Manufacturing and Maintenance. Powergeneration, Automotive and Control industry, Mining industry, Chemical Industry,Instrumentation and Software and other relatedindustries. Research and Development Laboratories also offer opportunities in the related fields.
He/She should have passed the 10+2 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream with an overall aggregate of 45%.