A college campus is said to thrive when the faculty and students produce results that are visible and about which the fraternity can be proud of. The milieu in the college is such that it encourages teachers to not only teach but also participate in activities that are enriching not only for themselves but also the students. The fact that teachers are conducting scientific research projects, involved in writing textbooks, developing content for the web, committed to teaching and learning tools that enable web upload, organizing and taking part in workshops that help update their subject knowledge, makes for an atmosphere very conducive to learning. In addition, a very active eco-club, Anti Ragging Committee, Women's Grievance Cell, (Women's Student Affair Committee) ensure that students are involved in diverse activities that further the cause of these bodies.
In view of the dynamic atmosphere of the college, it is not surprising when both students and as well as faculty produce tangible results. The links provided take you to pages that specifically bring out the stellar performances of teachers and students over the last few years.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OF SGI
- SGIis one among the 100 Engg colleges in India selected for QEEE pilot program.
- Ranked among the top 6 Technical Institutions in India for Industry linkages .
- SGI has been ranked No.1 in Sports among over 200 colleges in Ambala.
- SGI awarded "Best Innovative Spirit Award" at Innovation Conference in 2012.
- Strong R&D focus, & industry-academic collaboration having completed over 100s of projects & currently running about 40 projects, 25 industry based labs, and 35 courses offered with industries.
- Ranked No1 in India for affordable engineering education or RoI for students in terms of value & employability among private institutions for the last 3 years.
- Dedicated Community Service culture.
- Utilizes its expertise in various disciplines to conduct Research and Development for Industry and Defense establishments in the country.
- SGI center for Gandhian Principles and Values Based Education to promote moral values to the modern world, who are influenced by the westernization
- SGI center for social services & skills promotion (SKIP) an organization for helping the deprived class of the society.
- Sports, Cultural Activities are given prime importance for the overall development of the students.
- Almost around 95% of the eligible students are placed through campus selection.